Leopards Tale August 2019August 28, 2019
Fancy a sweet treat? Cheesecake is a classic dessert that has been around for ages. Everybody loves cheesecake! Amarula, being a truly authentic African liqueur made from a local fruit, gives this version of cheesecake a distinct flavour apart from the rest.
- 750g cream cheese
- 250g crème fraiche/yoghurt/sour cream
- 100ml Amarula liqueur
- 200g castor sugar
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ lemon (zest and juice)
- ½ orange (zest and juice)
- 10ml vanilla essence
- Packet of tennis biscuits
- Butter (melted and as needed)
- Crush tennis biscuits until fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter until pasty consistency. Press mixture into cake tin and leave in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, crème fraiche, and castor sugar together. Add beaten eggs and extra egg yolks and stir until smooth. Fold in flour, vanilla essence, and lemon and orange zest and juice. Pour mixture into chilled cake tin with crust and bake at 150°C until almost ready (will have slow wobble). Switch oven off, leave in oven to finish cooking slowly.
Credit: Leopard Mountain Sous Chef Njabulo