Cheese FondueFebruary 19, 2018
Roasted Pork Loin with Warm Potato SaladFebruary 19, 2018
Chicken Liver Pate
This starter is simple and quick to make and is absolutely delicious on toast with a spot of spicy chutney.
- 450g/1lb chicken livers, trimmed
- 200g/7oz butter, melted
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp Armagnac or brandy
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful of dried cranberries
- 8 fresh bay leaves
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Pour a little of the melted butter into the hot pan, add half the chicken livers and cook for three minutes. The livers should be cooked on the outside and pink in the middle. Transfer them to a plate and repeat with the rest of the livers.
- Transfer the chicken livers to a food processor and blend them for a minute or so until smooth. Then pour in the remaining melted butter and double cream and blend once more. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then stir in the Armagnac.
- Transfer the pâté to eight small ramekins, cover with cling film and chill.
- When you are ready to serve, uncover the pâtés and garnish with dried cranberries and fresh bay leaves to give them a festive feel. Serve with hot toast and spicy chutney.