Unknown Recipe (38)February 19, 2018
Unknown Recipe (36)February 19, 2018
Leopard Mountain’s Chocolate Cake
For the cakes
- 100g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C(325F/Gas 3)
Combine the flour ,cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a free standing electric mixer with paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) and beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla extract together in a jug, then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture. Beat to combine and turn the mixer up to high speed (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula).Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Bake 20 – 25 min
For the Icing
- Equal good quality chocolate and cream.
- Melt together and spread over cake.