Roasted pork loin with warm potato salad (serves 8)
1 deboned pork loin roll
10 ml salt
5 ml pepper
30 ml olive oil
3 sprigs thyme, chopped up
8 medium potato, skin on
2 red onion, finely sliced
1 punnet Portabella mushrooms, chopped
Bunch of mixed herbs flat leaf parsley, rocket, basil and watercress
1 Granny Smith apple, diced
340 ml cider, Hunters dry
50 ml honey
1. Pre heat oven to 250C.
2. Rub pork with olive oil, rub in thyme and season with salt and pepper.
3. Boil your potatoes in salted water.
4. Mix onions , mushrooms and herb salad.
Make vinaigrette by mixing
• 1 glove of garlic, smashed
• 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 5-6 tablespoons oil (vegetable, corn, canola, olive or some combination)
• pinch of dried parsley
• pinch of dried thyme
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
5. Put pork in oven and reduce heat to 150C for 45 min and then turn heat up to 220C for 10 min to crisp up the fat and turn it into crispy crackling.
6. Boil the apple in the cider and reduce by half, add the honey and reduce till syrup consistency. If too thick add water.
7. Strain potato and cube. Fry in a little bit of oil until crispy. Season and add onto the salad mix and keep in a warm place.
8. When pork is done, let it rest for 15 min before carving it.
Best served with friends and family