Toasted Hot Cross Bun with Melting ButterFebruary 19, 2018
Unknown Recipe – 11February 19, 2018
30 mins to 1 hour
Less than 10 mins
- 85g/3oz caster sugar
- 150g/6oz butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
- 150g/6oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 3 whole free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- double cream, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease 4 small dariole moulds or individual pudding basins.
- Place the sugar, butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Heat very gently until the butter and chocolate have melted, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Add the egg yolks and whole eggs and beat well.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour into the dariole moulds or pudding basins and place in the fridge to chill for at least 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and place onto a baking tray. Put straight into the oven and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Allow to rest for a minute or two, then turn out onto individual serving plates. Serve with a dollop of double cream, if you like.