4 cups whole dried morel mushroom
2 cups boiling water
1 Tbsp butter
1 shallot finely chopped
2 Tbsp brandy
2 cups low salt chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup slightly sweet sherry
· Combine Morel mushroom and 2 cups of boiling water in an 8 x 8 x 2 inch glass dish.
· Let soak until mushroom softens.
· Stirring occasionally for at least 1hr up to 3hrs.
· Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushroom to a small bowl, reserve soaking liquid.
· Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add shallot and saute for 3 minutes.
· Add brandy and shake pan until brandy has almost evaporated – about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cream slowly.
· Pour in mushroom soaking liquid, leaving any sediment behind.
· Then add mushroom.
· Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil gently until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon – about 30 minutes.
· Pour all pan juices from roasting pan into small bowl. Spoon off fat from top, pour the juices into mushroom pan sauce.
· Place roasting pan over 2 burners set on medium heat. Pour in sherry.
· Boil for a minute, scraping up browned bits.
· Pour into mushroom basa and boil sauce until it reduces to 3 cups – about 8 minutes.
· Season with salt and pepper.
· Transfer to bowl. Serve with pork.