• 4 tablespoons chilli powder
• 4 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
• 450g passata
• 125ml gold tequila
• 125ml orange juice
• 2 (420g) tins chilli beans in sauce
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1.35kg minced venison
• 2 sticks celery, diced
• 475g chopped onion
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed chillies
• 1 tablespoon garlic granules
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the minced venison and cook, stirring to crumble, until no longer pink. Mix in the celery and onion. Cook and stir until tender. Season with crushed chillies, garlic granules and chilli powder. Cook and stir for a minute to intensify the flavours.
2. Pour in the tomatoes, passata, tequila and orange juice. Simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 2 hours. After 2 hours, mix the beans into the chilli and simmer for another 30 minutes.